Saturday, March 5, 2011

Low-Carb on a Mission

So for just over a year (give or take a few cheating days) I have been doing a low-carb diet with the supervision of a physician. My starting weight was 234. Yes you read that right 234. For most of my life I have been 140-150 with little to no effort. After bouts of depression, loneliness, an accident that left me virtually immobile for months, and good southern cooking I reached that peak weight in December 2009. I started weight watchers (which I had done previously with some success) and was disappointed that after 2 months I had lost 2.5 lbs. Not the type of success I had achieved on my previous venture with weight watchers.

So I contacted a physician in late February 2010. Within 10 months I had lost 80lbs. Maintaining the loss was a bit difficult over the holidays, and with a few too many indulgent days and traveling... I had gained about 14 of the 80 back. So I am now back on my new lifestyle diet. Over the past 3 wks I have lost 5 lbs and its definitely a start. It helps now that others in the family have decided to change their eating habits with me.

So today I went back through my recipes that I had previously posted on Support On The Homefront and dug up my cheesecake recipe :)

Crust: 6 oz crushed pecans, 3 tbsp smart balance 1 tbsp splenda

Press on bottom of spring-form pan.

Filling: 2-8 oz pkgs Philly Cream Cheese
3 eggs
1 cup splenda
1tsp flavoring (almond, vanilla or lemon) your choice

Mix until creamy batter, pour on crust and bake at 350 for 30-40 mins. Let cool, put in refrigerator. You can use sugar free jello and make a sauce to give it a fruit flavor to top it. :dunno

it has: Carbs- 4g Protein- 8g per 2x2 slice

It's in the oven, I used a 10x13 pyrex pan instead of a springform (works better for me to cut it in squares)
Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment