Thursday, September 8, 2011

Is it Really September?

Life has been in overdrive the entire summer. every time I think I am finally catching up, or have a bit of down time... life happens.

This past week, for example...

College is back in session and Im off to enjoy my first day. I so looked forward to the first day back on campus. Its my happy place. I enjoy being around other people, and I love to learn. The night before Mr Digger was complaining of having to pee all the time, then not peeing. I bought him uristat. Figured UTI, told him drink cranberry juice and take the uristat. That morning he started texting me, said the pain was bad, and went on to ask me to come home. I told him only if he thought he was dying. That as long as he took the uristat and drank plenty of water and cranberry juice it should flush out a UTI in a day or so. Then I got the text saying the pain was now in his lower abdominal cavity. I texted a friend and said, I bet its a kidney stone. That was at 820am.

I got as far as into my first class. Was extremely excited about spending a fortune for virtual lab imaging supplies. My phone rings. I see its Mr Digger and I contemplate ignoring it, and I do. LOL Then the texts start, apparently he thinks he is dying.

So my first day back to class was cut short. I called his mother who went out to the ER to sit with him, however he had the nurse texting me constantly... wanting to know where I was, was I getting close? Was I there yet?

When I arrived imagine my "surprise" to find out I was right! Kidney stones! They doped him up good, and eventually sent him home with me to pass his stones. He wound up passing 5, one of which was HUGE, around 8pm that night.


Then comes Thursday. I get a phone call to come look at Devil Child's arm. Apparently the kids were playing and someone thought it would be a good idea to flip the hummer over with Devil Child in it. She screamed and carried on. Wouldnt let anyone look at or touch her arm, until I got there. Apparently aspiring to become a doctor has clout with 4 yr olds.  The BSN might hold some clout with her as well ;)  Trip number two to the ER. Not broken, just bruised. She will be just fine. In fact she is just fine, her normal ornery self again actually.

Fast forward one more time for the week... to Saturday. I had a rust spot on my truck, Mr Digger and I sanded patched and bondoed it. Then sanded some more. Okay who am I kidding, I supervised. Either way somehow while sitting 5 feet away watching the process, I got 2 slivers of rusty metal impaled in my right eye.

Of course as luck would have it, I didnt notice on Saturday. Sunday morning I woke up to a constantly watering eye. I removed my contacts. Then the light hit me. Oh wow did the light hit me. Even with sunglasses on in the darkened house with all the lights off, the slightest change in lighting gave way to stabbing pain through my brain. I finally gave up thinking it would "go away" around 6pm that night. Off to the ER for a third trip this week. We went over a YEAR with no ER visits, Im pretty sure... then 3 in one week. Gaah!

The doctor removed the metal splinters, and patched my eye. There are 4-5 good sized scratches on my eye from the watering and rubbing. It seems like Im looking through a cloudy window at the world. Today, is Thursday, I took the patch off yesterday, but am still semi-blind in that eye with some light sensitivity still.

There are now 3 types of pain I wont tolerate... kidney stones, tooth aches and eye injuries... give me a good long 30 hour labor and delivery any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment