Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baby Shower, Im only 2 weeks late!

I planned for about 2 months, and pulled off a decent shower for Beanie. We changed venues 3 times before it was all said and done. I had originally booked the community center in the nearest town. It was going to run $100 for the evening, plus $100 deposit. I stopped by city hall the week of the shower to pay my deposit and the fee... only to find out they dont take debit or credit cards. Cash only, no checks. Which is fine I dont write checks... So I took off down the road to the bank, to withdraw cash. I came back to find out that while they wont take a check, they mail your deposit back in 30 DAYS as a check. I decided to tell them to forget it. If I pay cash, when I hand the keys back to the center and you inspect it I expect CASH to be handed back to me, I dont expect to let you hold it for 30 days and then mail it.

So anyhow, we moved it to Beanie's house. Then it was moved to my house after some unforeseen issues at Beanie's.

The day of the shower we still had 22 CONFIRMED people coming, plus 15 maybe's. We spent the day picking up last minute items, and PRAYING that the UPS man would bring not only the plates/napkins/cups that had been ordered 10 days prior with 3 DAY shipping... but also the cake topper that was paid for 2 weeks prior and hadn't shown. Fortunately both arrived. We went and picked up food, and the cake (which I was sorely disappointed in and had wished I had more time so I could have tried my hand at rolled fondant cake deocrating).

Then the phone calls started. This one forgot and made other plans for the night, that one had sick kids, this one didnt have enough gas money to get there, that one was out of town. What in the world will we do with food for 30+? I was beginning to see a disaster coming. However enough people showed up that a crisis was averted ;)


Plates/napkins/cake topper etc pre-party


 Decorated



The cake, topper was actually too big for the top layer. I was bummed. Should have stuck to original plan of making my own cakes. Gaah. Next time.


 The Belly Cast. Beanie actually wants me to go back now, and do a basket weave on the bottom with ribbon, so I may post updated pics of it later.


 Playing games at the shower








Gift time!!






The cake, just prior to cutting it


 The shower party group picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment