Monday, April 4, 2011

Farmyard animals and a new box

ust a few pictures. I bought 12 more chicks the other day :hide plus 2 ducks. I had to get them out of the house though, they were stinky by the end of each day.


So I went to Lowe's on a secret shop, and bought some 2x4's and build myself a box to house my baby chicks in the barn with the heat lamp :)

Since it was my first, well its not perfect but it will do!


Black sexlink pullets (bought 6 of them) but you don't see 6 in this picture LOL
Posted Image

My 3 week old chicks. They are hell I dont remember Ill have to go look. Thank God I wrote it down.. anyhow they are supposed to be all pullets but I have 4 that look distinctly like ROOSTERS to me :mumble Do you see them?

Posted Image

3 reds 3 buffs well really you dont see 3 reds and 3 buffs here, you can see 2 ducks in the background, a black sexlink, 2 red and 3 buffs :)
Posted Image

Little Red sitting on her nest :snicker she is not fond of the camera shoved in her face. I guess it would be like me being in labor and someone insisting on taking pictures of the entire process :rofl She has that stern GO AWAY look about her.

Posted Image

Bottom of my box
Posted Image

Box completed
Posted Image

Big chicks in the box
Posted Image

Little chicks in the box
Posted Image

Box in the barn
Posted Image

Posted Image

Bonus!

Pig in the barn :giggle Mr Porkchop was taking a little nap. He must have been exhausted from spending 30 minutes or so trying to get my attention, and lying to me... telling me he hadn't been fed this morning. I guess he forgot it was the weekend and I did the morning feeds!
Posted Image


and I know she hates it but she is just so pretty :)
Posted Image

No comments:

Post a Comment