Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10th... Never gets any easier

14 years ago today... I woke up and knew. After an extended hospital stay, and every intervention known to medicine. I just knew. The delivery was scheduled for 10am. I was scheduled to have my tubal ligation just after his delivery. But I knew that these were my last moments.

Logan Thomas was born via c-section and lived 32 minutes according to his death certificate. He was a perfect little baby on the outside, 3lbs 4ozs and looked exactly like his older brother looked when he was born. My biggest preemie boy, but the sickest one too.

Not a day goes by, that I dont miss my boy. One thing I've found, about death, no matter who tells you it will get easier, it never does. No matter who tells you the pain will fade, it doesn't. You hear these things from well meaning people, but you can always tell, they never lost a child





An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth,
Then whispered as she closed the book,
"Too beautiful for Earth"
-Unknown

Thinking of You with Love
We thought of you with love today,
but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
and days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
we often speak your name.
All we have are memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with which we will never part.
God has you in His keeping,
we have you in our hearts.
A million times we`ve wanted you.
A million times we cried.
If love could only have saved you,
you never would have died.
It broke our hearts to lose you.
But you didn`t go alone.
For a part of us went with you...
the day God called you Home.
~Author Unknown

Tears
If tears could build a stairway,
and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
and bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken
no time to say goodbye
you were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness
and secret tears still flow,
what it meant to lose you,
no one will ever know.
~Author Unknown






Remembrance Jewelry 

1 comment: