Friday, October 21, 2011

Milking the System

No, this is not a users guide on how to milk the system ;)




So Wednesday I took the girls to the health department. They needed shots for school (because I dont have custody I cant sign a waiver) and for WIC. They havent gotten WIC in over a year, the last time I took them and signed them up in August 2010, and then they werent taken to their follow up appointment. But since I have them a lot of the time, I made the appt, it was missed so a follow up was made again and it took them a month to get them in. Today I went to the store and got 2 gallons of milk, 2 cans of formula, 1 lb cheese,1 jar of peanut butter, 2 bottles of juicy juice, a tomato, and an apple. (they do $7 per kid for fruits and veggies here) the total came to $71  
 I love that WIC is there for those when they need it however I think its beyond screwed up that the stores then jack up the prices of WIC specific foods... like the formula, regular size cans of powder were $15 a piece? WTF? I was paying $7 a can 5 years ago for lil dude... you cant tell me that formula went up $10 a can in 5 years. Way for stores to "milk" the system.  A gallon of milk at the IGA was 4.32 seriously, and that isnt organic milk, thats the hormone filled crap that they mass produce from overworked cows.





No comments:

Post a Comment