Thursday, January 27, 2011

Missing Ingredients

So when I snagged the Paula Deen recipe for snow cream, it said next recipe cinnamon rolls. I drooled. Literally. Had to wipe the puddle of drool of my laptop. I thought I could make them for the family, and my reward would be to just inhale the smell of the yummy ooey gooey bliss.


It wasnt meant to be though.... I have no yeast. How did this happen? Oh yeah, the low carb diet. I don't make bread anymore. *sigh* I was really looking forward to the smell.


Maybe tomorrow.

Saving the recipe here, so I dont have to go digging for it later!

Ingredients

Dough Mixture:

  • 4 eggs
  • 6 ounces sugar
  • 1 teaspoon fine salt
  • 2 cups milk, lukewarm
  • 4 ounces margarine
  • 8 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • 2 tablespoons yeast

Filling:

  • 4 ounces margarine
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped

Icing:

  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 ounces margarine
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon almond extract

Directions

In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, and salt for the dough mixture. Combine the warm mile and margarine and add to the egg mixture. Slowly add 4 cups flour and beat well. Add the yeast and mix thoroughly. Add the remaining 4 cups flour and mix on medium speed for 7 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise to double its size, about 1 hour.
Roll the dough into a 1 1/2 by 2-foot rectangle.

For the filling:

Spread 4 ounces of margarine over the dough and sprinkle entire surface with brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Roll the dough into a cylinder shape starting with the bottom edge, and then cut into 12 slices. Place the slices onto an oiled pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cover with icing.

For the icing:

Stir all ingredients until thoroughly combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment